Monday, December 13, 2010

The blue skirt

So, my Summer to do list is going OK. I have been working a lot, which is a good thing, because I'm going to Melbourne on Sunday (yay) and as everyone knows, Melbourne rocks as far as shopping goes, so a little extra dosh wont go astray.


I tried Victory rolls for work the other day, my customers (residents? the peeps i make coffee for) frikin loved them! Not to mention the activity lady who was like showing me pictures of The Andrews Sisters and telling me how much it was like them. One lady said it looked like a Geisha hairstyle (????).






Any who, Darling boyfriend told me at like 5pm that his friend from Army and his Lady Love were having more going away drinks before they move to America, and he would come and pick me up at like 7:30. How bloody rude. 2 hours. And I was in the middle of deciding weather or not to add solvy web to a sewing project I'm working on at the moment. Anyway, I chucked some hot rollers in my hair (which didnt work well at all!) and went back to sewing for a bit.
I came up with this...

My blue 50's style circle skirt I got from a vintage fair I went to in Sydney a few months ago, and this cute blouse I picked up at Salvo's Phillip for like $5.


Blouse: Salvo's Phillip
Skirt: Vintage - We love Vintage Fair Sydney
Shoes: Vintage - One Legged Jockey Portsmouth

The Captain and his Lady Love will be missed. One less WAG for our bunch. But one more friend overseas. A couch to sleep on if i ever find myself in a tight spot in Washington DC.




Swing Christmas Party on Thursday. Its a beach theme......what the hell am I going to wear!!!! I don't do beach.



Toodle pip lovelies!

Sam

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that skirt is just DARLING! What did you wear to your beach party last night? We need pics please!!! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. errr...in all the excitment of dancing, i forgot to take a picture lol. Im kind of crappy at blogging about my clothes and stuff, i always forget to take pictures lol. Hopefully some photos of the night will surface soon and ill pounce on them...

    ReplyDelete